CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Frog and Queen Cookie Theme!

A request came in first for just a frog platter, then the challenge came to make it a "queen" theme as well.  I didn't have a frog with crown cutter (although I was wishing I did!), so I used my new frog cutter to make some frogs more feminine with crown and "Q" necklaces....  oh, and nailpolish.  A queen's not complete without beautiful nails!


I had a fun time making these cookies.  Happy with how they all came out. :)


The Queens:



 The Princes:


 To add to the theme, I used the Wilton Princess cutter collection - castle and crown cutters.  I had used the crown cutter before, but wanted a more regal look for this set.  I love the way the purple pillow stands out against the gold frame and red jewels of the crown.



 Here's the queen in her castle.

 And now joined by a couple of her prince frogs!

 I love this pic - this is how I propped up the cookies in my light box to take the photos.  I think they came out so much better doing them this way than before when I would just leave the cookie flat on the surface!



 The platter ready to be wrapped!

 It's a wrap!  On to delivery!

4 comments:

Cristin (Pinkie)

SUPER cute Kara! I love the one with big lips and purple toes :-) Adorable and very creative!

Melody

Funny this post is about frogs! I just said to my husband today, "I HATE FROGS! THEY SCARE ME!" LOL! They always jump out at me while I'm gardening, LOL! BUT...I must say...I LOVE YOUR "COOKIE" FROGS! Teeheehee! Simple adorable as always! And what could be better than "girly" frogs with nail polish and "smoochy" lips! Hehe!

Melody

...that was supposed to be "simply" adorable...not simple, LOL!

Kara

Thanks, Cristin and Melody! :)