CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 17, 2012

Camo Bluebirds - Ready for Spring!

Tonight I tried my hand at camo cookies!  I loved seeing Wonderland Cookie Company's camouflage hearts, then Sweet Ivy Confections camo ovals.   Cristin's Cookies recently posted a great camouflage tutorial and link-up which was the final push I needed to try this technique.  I had purchased a lovely love bird cutter from CopperGifts.com for Valentine's Day but never used it.   I thought it might be fun to see what it would look like covered in blues, whites, and pinks, so I had a little fun tonight decorating them!


Here they are, outlined and waiting to dry.  Notice the cracks on some - this was leftover dough I had that had been chilling in the fridge awhile and it comes out like that.  Still good to eat, though!  And once it's covered in yummy royal icing, noone will ever know... hehe

Beginning to decorate...  can you figure out it's a Friday by looking at this picture?  Good old Sam. ;)

And here they are!  I think I like the ones with blue camo breasts and pink camo wings the best, but I think they all came out cute.






Thanks, Cristin, for the tutorial!  I'm not afraid to do camo cookies, now!

3 comments:

Melody

Ohhhhh Kara!
These are so incredibly adorable! You did such a beautiful job! They are so sweet and springy! I just love them! Oh, and thanks for the little "shout-out"...you're a peach! Love and hugs!

Cristin (Pinkie)

Kara these are easily the cutest bird cookies I've ever seen! I can't even tell you how much I love the camo love bird! What a creative idea! I LOVE it! Thanks so much for sharing in our camo link-up party!

Julia

Amazing!