CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 15, 2011

North Pole Cupcakes and Snowmen Cookies

Today was a non-stop day.  My two sons each had their class winter parties, both of which I played a role in.  (I like to be in control of things.  Especially when it comes to my sons' parties.  What mom doesn't?

For my kindergartener, I just made gingerbread cookies using Glorious Treats' recipe -- delicious and JUST PERFECT!  I brought them to school plain and the children got to frost them (plain buttercream frosting) and decorate with sprinkles.  This is a family tradition I had growing up - a tried and true, no-fail fun activity.  Easy.  Easy.  Yummy!

(you should have seen what I had originally planned on doing with them -- still decorate cookies, but a little more elaborate with thinned royal icing in tube bottles, all different colors, etc.... but I was trying to do everything this morning and nothing was going right.  I had to make a decision fast - I was determined to have the kids decorate cookies!)

It all worked out in the end, but it was a very busy party -- as kindergarten parties tend to be.  I didn't get any photos of the cookie decorating.  But believe me, they all had fun and they all ate the cookies!  My son didn't even wait to frost his.  He just wanted his plain -- gobbled them right up.

For my Second Grader, I made these cupcakes found at the decorated cookie.
I had to change mine a little, but I think I pulled off the original idea.


I also made snowmen cookies with all their names on them.  There are 27 children in his class.   27!  Yikes!  That's a lot of students.  That's a lot of snowmen!
For these little guys, I referred to Cristin's Cookies for the fun design.


Here's my guy with his party snacks:

Got lots of oooohhhs and ahhhhhhhhs from some parents at the party, 
which embarrassed me (just a little), but hey, this is what I DO. 
 I make cookies!  I make cupcakes!  I LIKE doing it!  It makes me happy. 

 Like I said - I love parties!

5 comments:

Sharon Gibson

I agree with you...it's what makes us happy...making for others. It sounds like the kids all had fun, and who knows...you may have inspired some new future cookiers. You've been very busy!!! Have a Merry Christmas.

Kara

Merry Christmas to you, Sharon! Hope you have a wonderful one with family and friends. :)

Mia and Deniece, Boulder Creek Cupcakes

I so miss doing the class parties! my kids have gotten too old =(

need to adopt someone else kids during school party times ;)

Yolie

Adorable! I also have a kindergartner n u just gave me an idea. Gingerbread cookies. That sounds like so much fun. BTW: I always enjoy reading your blog n seeing your yummy treats. Beautiful n impressive! Yolie aks: Kookie Krumbles

Kara

Hi Yolie! I always love seeing your new cookie posts as well!! :) Thank you for the sweet compliments!