CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mickey and Minnie Cookies

I had a request for Mickey and Minnie cookies for this weekend!

I've done Mickey cookies in the past, but they were of Mickey's face.  I wanted to stay away from that style, since I've been warned it's a big no-no with Disney.

I did a little research and found the following design to be pretty popular in the cookie world, so when I ran it by the client, she loved it.  One designer, Carolyn, of The Occasional Cookie, caught my eye -- she is amazingly talented and had done this design for her own daughter's birthday.  They are super cute!  She has an amazing blog, and I really enjoy her tutorial on lollipop sugar cookies, which can be found here.  I can't wait to try these!

Here are my Mickey/Minnie sugar cookies:






They were so much fun to do!  I took the advice of mixing my extra colored icing together before adding black icing, and letting it sit before using it.  The black came out great!  At one point I was checking them, and I thought they had that "powdered look" - when you don't know if it hardened or not... that had me worried!  But they turned out great - whew!

Happy First Birthday to Emma!

2 comments:

Canterbury Cakes

These are great! I think you can really tell when someone has had fun decorating their cookies...it shows through somehow.

Kara

Thank you, Canterbury Cakes! :)