CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 17, 2011

My first two-tiered cake

This cake was made for a gal turning 39 this week.  They wanted a two-tiered cake - something that really would make a statement at the party.  They chose a design similar to this, and I tried to recreate as much as I possibly could.


It is buttercream frosting on a 10" round 2-layer vanilla cake and 8" round 3-layer chocolate cake.  The accents are in marshmallow fondant and the black icing is done in royal icing.  It was my first time doing a two-tier cake, and I used dowels to support bottom cake.  It was very educational and a lot easier than I had expected (not faster than I had expected, just easier!).  I think because the design was so simple and the diamonds fit around the bottom cake perfectly!  It WAS a big cake, though!

0 comments: